Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rambling

I can't believe that the year is almost done. I clearly remember this time last year as we were preparing to tell Larry's side of the family that we were pregnant and thinking how I am going to be pregnant forever, June can't come fast enough! Oh it did and now we are trying to decide what to get Logan for Christmas.

Larry went to Walmart the day after Thanksgiving this year (I don't know why) he has never volunteered to go before but he DID NOT get up early to go. Nope he woke up at a leisurely pace and headed out around 9 o'clock, you guessed it there were no "deals" left so he returned back home with very few presents. There wasn't much to get anyways, with trying to avoid items made in China we are breaking our necks trying to find safe gifts this year.

Logan slept for 5 hours in his bed last night. I (very cliche) woke up at 3:17am and realized that I haven't heard him yet and jumped out of bed to make sure he was okay. I felt very much like a new mother as I sheepishly crept back into bed. Maybe this is a sign that he will soon be sleeping through the night --crosses fingers-- but more than likely it is just a hiccup in his gran scheme to deprive me of sleep.

Andrew's preschool class has a zoo coming to school on Wednesday. Yes a zoo! When I was kid we had to load ourselves onto a loud, hot, stuffy school bus and drive to an overcrowded zoo, crammed with every other school that has decided to take a field trip to the zoo that day, to get our share of animal watching but not here. Here we are importing the animals from a neighboring town for the kids.

Nicholas has started listening to his MP3 player on the bus to drown out the "cuss" words that other students are saying. He tells us that he wants to change buses because the kids on this bus talk about things he doesn't want to hear but there isn't another bus that comes by here. Hopefully if he just keeps his headphones on he can enjoy his bus rides.

Nick is still practicing the violin (sorta) and is trying to learn Jingle Bells for the Christmas recital, last night is the first time I could actually tell what song he was playing.

Josh is just Josh. A wild, mischievous, crazy, sweetheart who can have me pulling out my own hair and pulling him into an embrace at the same time.

No comments: