Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Urgent Care

I had to take Logan to the Urgent care center this afternoon. He had been running a fever for over 24 hours and I called his Dr but he didn't have any openings nor did any of his colleagues. Yes the entire office was filled to capacity so we headed off to drive to the next town and see one of the Urgent Care docs. I hate going there. I feel really out of place, if you were to think of an urgent care center what comes to mind? A gated entrance with a large circle drive surrounding a man made pond with fountains flowing? no that is not what I had in mind but alas there it is. Right smack in the middle of an uppity neighborhood and I arrive with my big, baggy gray pants and Larry's shirt looking like a bum.
They needed to weigh Logan but they didn't have a baby scale so they weighed me holding Logan (while I prayed that Logan was suddenly 60 pounds) and then weighed me without Logan (he is not 60 pounds) to get his weight of 19 pounds. Wow he isn't even 5 months yet and he has approaching the weight requirement to face forward in the car. He has definitely reached the "I can't lug him around in the car seat anymore because I have bruised both shins" weight, but he still has 7 months before he will enjoy a car ride.
So I told the Dr that I thought Logan had an earache and lo and behold he does, a teeny tiny ear infection in his right ear and a GREAT big infection in his throat. Dr said he was amazed that he was still eating because it was probably very sore. Pain stop my piglet from eating? I think not. Now he is on turbo boosting antibiotics to clear this up. (Doc didn't want him to develop a resistance to the pink stuff)

No comments: