Friday, November 16, 2007

Another One?

So I love infomercials. Nick also enjoys them with his mommy. We together want to purchase just about everything ever shown to us through an infomercial but I do have will power and don't. Years ago I bought many things through this venue but over the years (and having no money) I just want the amazing products (cheap plastic thing that you would walk right past in a store) and don't actually purchase them. In the past I have bought 6 Week Body Makeover (never used it), Billy Blanks Tae-Bo (too much work), a number of get rich quick crap (I'm still broke), and OxiClean (garbage) just to name a few. This morning I watch an infomercial for Turbo Jam and I am in, I am ready to call in the next 13 minutes and get the extra DVD with my purchase. I have the money and the big butt so I need this DVD, but alas the rational side of me (don't you hate that part) talks me out of it. Commands me to put down the phone and directs me to the computer to review it first (its rational and sneaky) So after looking it up online and reading many different reviews from numerous sites I think to myself "this could work" and I log on to EBay and bid on my very own set. So did the infomercial work? Yes I bought it but I bought it smart, I researched and found that many people enjoyed it and I paid half the cost of a new set including shipping. Now if only I could stand behind all of my decisions and declare that I researched this and bought it smart we would probably have more money in the bank and less useless crap lying around the house.

No comments: