Monday, September 15, 2008

50's Festival

We went to the 50's festival on Saturday and had a pretty good time. Of course the kids acted like hooligans in the morning and after threatening to not go at all we decided that we were going for us but they couldn't have any fun unless they started acting better. Once we got going the kids did straighten up and behave so of course we let them have fun with the bounce house and slide. As I was watching the kids slide down on the little sacks provided it reminded me of when I was a kid and we would always attend the local carnival. I think it was the Boys and Girls club or maybe it was Scouts. I remember that my grandpa was involved in it. They had a giant slide, it was so high it made your stomach lurch as you slid down on the scratchiest, brown, straw sacks ever. It itched your legs and was rough against your skin but we loved to slide down over and over again. This slide seemed so small. Is it or did I get bigger? I am sure teh slides are shrinking.

No comments: